Sunday, November 7, 2010

my inner SUPRHERO? da da da da

WOO * COMMUNICATION * STRATEGIC * POSITIVITY * ACHIEVER


This is the second time I've taken the StrengthsQuest assessment- the first time was nearly 3 years ago... 3 years ago, if I remember correctly my Strengths were nearly identical.


StrengthsQuest has taught me that the strengths, of which I most identify are intrinsic to who I am and how I interact with those around me. 
"WOO," or winning others over is my #1 strength. It's all about reaching out, and make others feel welcome and appreciated. This is how I plan to reach out to my PNM's and help to cultivate their leadership skills as well as instill in them a self-confidence and self-awareness to put their 'best foot forward' so-to-speak, during recruitment. 


"Communication" also drives me. I have the ability to articulate myself honestly and professionally, but I also have a mass-appeal, which makes me approachable. I have always known that one of my greatest assets was to be able to get to know people for who they are. For the past quarter, I have been interviewing for numerous full-time positions. The process has made me realize that I aspire to pursue a career in consulting. 


Consulting, not only builds upon the two strengths I have previously mentioned, but also upon "Strategic," "Positivity," and "Achiever." Consulting is all about opening people's eyes to process improvement, change implementation and corporate restructuring in order to drive better results in the long-term. One of the key elements or successful accounting however, is instilling in others a sense of comfort, purpose and responsibility even though most people are highly resistant to change. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tracy!

    I think it's fantastic that you have WOO! In fact, I'm a little jealous because I just think it sounds awesome! haha. But really though, I think it is REALLY going to come in handy for your relationships with your PNM'S. Making them feel comfortable and building a strong bond is really going to be important and by having WOO, I think that this gives you a head start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You honestly have the best qualities for being a recruitment guide! What is more perfect for welcoming in and helping out PNMs than WOO, positive, communication,and strategic. You are going to be an amazing recruitment guide by helping them pick chapters, being a welcoming and positive role model, and being a great communicator with them!!!!!

    ReplyDelete