Monday, November 29, 2010

the quarter is winding down, but we are just getting fired up...

Today I was thinking a lot about my last two quarters at Ohio State and how I could make them special... my roommates and I of course made the typical "Bucket List" as a means of not only documenting our senior, but also as a way to make sure we didn't miss out on anything in the "BUS" before we had to be real people and leave our college days behind...

1. Get PJ's for the first time (Check)
2. Visit the Orton Hall Bell Tower
3. Have a drink at Woody's Tavern
4. Jump in Mirror Lake for the 4th time (Check)


The one thing about the list however that really resonated with me was the fact that everything we chose, we chose with the mentality that we wanted to branch out, meet new people and experience new things (and a few old traditions as well). I think being a Recruitment Guide is a lot about stepping outside of your box and putting yourself out there, so that others feel at ease doing the same and following your lead. That's not to say that I think it's time to start taking the PNM's to PJ's, but ultimately, it's important that we practice what we preach so-to-speak.


So if your chapter for instance struggles to motivate its membership to get involved in the community and take part in service events, but seems to have the majority of women at a TG--- how can we aid them in branching out? It might be time to try joining forces with a fraternity to visit the Boys & Girl's Club or the Humane Society. 

No comments:

Post a Comment